Coburg 2020 Structure Plan
The Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan is a long-term plan to guide decisions in the Coburg Activity Centre following consideration of the social, cultural, environmental and economic consequences.
Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan documents
The Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan has 2 volumes.
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Introduction and preface - Volumee 1 (PDF 504Kb)
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Vision - Volume 1 part 1 (PDF 474Kb): The vision developed for the Coburg activity centre under the Central Coburg 2020 project.
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Policy context and background work - Volume 1 part 2 (PDF 94Kb): A summary of the strategic context and background work undertaken to develop the plan.
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - A sustainable Coburg - Volume 1 part 3 (PDF 102Kb): Council's commitment to sustainability through the consideration of social, cultural, economic and environmental factors.
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Background and issues - Volume 1 part 4 (PDF 1Mb): A summary of background information and issues arising from the information that the structure plan needs to address.
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Preface - Volume 2 (PDF 1Mb)
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Policies - Volume 2 part 5 (PDF 2Mb): Policies for redevelopment in the activity centre. It includes objectives (desired future of the activity centre), strategies (how this will be achieved), and key projects already identified.
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Volume 2 - Environmentally sustainable development - Volume 2 part 6 (PDF 162Kb): Environmental guidelines for all new development in the activity centre to achieve best practice urban and environmental design.
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Precinct guidelines - Volume 2 part 7 (PDF 2Mb): Guidelines for 10 precincts identified within the activity centre. It includes guidelines for built form and land use for new development and precinct-specific guidelines to highlight the particular qualities and opportunities of each.
- Central Coburg 2020 Structure Plan - Requirements for the assessment of planning applications - Volume 2 part 8 (PDF 292Kb)
- Central Coburg Structure Plan 2020 - Volum 2 part 9 (PDF 294Kb): Sets out the range of mechanisms available to deliver the structure plan, identifies potential stakeholders and critical projects, and outlines governance arrangements.
Implementation of the Coburg 2020 Structure Plan
Council have adopted a place management approach to managing change and have appointed a place manager for each Council structure plan.
Place management is the mechanism for managing the wide range of issues, challenges and opportunities that face an activity area every day. It is a management approach that enables issues to be pursued in an integrated, coordinated way to achieve the economic, social and environmental potential of an activity area.
This approach recognises the complexity of managing change in Coburg and the need to focus on both the big picture and improving and influencing day-to-day service delivery.
- What is a structure plan? has more information about structure plans.
- Coburg Activity Centre
- About Activity Centres
For more information on the Coburg 2020 Structure Plan and the place management approach to managing change in Coburg, contact Council.
There are some documents that are only available as PDFs on this page. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, you can contact us through our Contact page and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. You can also go to our Accessibility page to find out further details.