Merri-bek Affordable Housing Ltd
Moreland Affordable Housing Ltd (MAH) is a company established in an effort to address the lack of secure and affordable housing options available to residents across Merri-bek.
MAH will participate in innovative development and financing models, and work with stakeholders including the state and federal government and agencies related to affordable housing development.
The purpose of the MAH is to provide relief to persons who are homeless or whose life circumstances render them vulnerable to loss of affordable and secure housing.
This will be done by providing, either directly or through partnership with other organisations, a range of affordable accommodation options in the City of Merri-bek.
The Constitution of Merri-bek Affordable Housing (MAH) was approved by Council in November 2017. In May 2018 the Minister for Local Government approved the formation of the company under Section 193 of the Local Government Act 1989.
In addition to an independent Chair, it has up to 6 directors, 3 of which will be appointed by Council and 3 independents.
- Members of the Council appointed board:
- Tony Nippard (Chairperson)
- Melanie Sherrin (Secretary)
- Amanda Cornwall
- Gerard Coutts
- Peter Hansen
- Kerry O'Neil
- Natalie McDonald
More details: mah.org.au/our-people
- Moreland Affordable Housing Ltd Constitution (PDF 471Kb)
- Moreland Affordable Housing Ltd Constitution (DOC 212Kb)
- Homes we want more 2015 (PDF 880Kb)
- Homes we want more 2015 (DOC 660Kb)
- Moreland Affordable Housing Background Paper November 2015 (PDF 743Kb)
- Moreland Affordable Housing Background Paper November 2015 (DOC 688Kb)
Contact Grant Kirby, Executive Officer firstname.lastname@example.org