Moreland Libraries Makerspace
On this page:
- Online resources for hands-on crafts
- Online resources for digital design
- Online resources for mindfulness and keeping your mind active
Due to COVID-19 there is a temporary closure of all of Moreland’s physical makerspaces. Please do not come into the library.
However, you can still make and create from your home using our online resources.
Learn to crochet ‘ear savers’ for your face masks and stop your ears hurting! See instruction sheet for step-by-step instructions.
For beginners to crochet, check out these introductory videos to crochet.
How to make a tonal drawing
This step by step tutorial will guide you through learning a basic principle of art: Tone. Tone is the light and dark in a drawing, this tutorial will show you how it can be used to achieve depth and contrast by drawing a tree silhouetted in the moonlight. Suitable for absolute beginners and more experienced artists.
Learn how to make easy seed bombs to give as gifts or throw into your garden. They only use recycled paper, water and seeds!
Children's Week Wreaths
Decorate your own colourful spring wreaths and hang them on your front door. A great activity for children ofall ages. There are limited starter packs available through Sussex Neighbourhood House as part of Children's Week Picnic 2020. Contact email@example.com or get inspired to create your own at home!
Try our introductory video into Pixlr and photo editing. Helpful hints and reference guides provided also. Suitable for beginners with basic computer skills.
Ever wanted to give 3D printing a go? Try tinkercad, a tool for beginners to start 3D design. Go to lynda.com for free with your Moreland library card and 8 digit D.O.B pin, search for Tinkercad and learn all about it!
Busy Code is a set of resources designed to introduce simple programming concepts. Specifically designed for children ages 5-13.
Try this mindful drawing activity and learn how using different kinds of lines can create truly unique artworks. Re-purpose an old book page and learn some coloured pencil techniques by following this tutorial to create a beautiful mandala like artwork. Suitable for beginners and children 6+ years.
Colouring the Creeks
Meet some of the plants and animals of the Merri and Moonee Ponds creeks of Moreland through these colouring sheets. And learn how you can help them thrive!
- Grasslands colouring sheet (PDF 765Kb)
- Rocky Knoll colouring sheet (PDF 629Kb)
- Wetlands colouring and information sheet (PDF 631Kb)
- Woodlands colouring and information sheet (PDF 713Kb)
Puzzles of Moreland
Puzzle your brain with these jigsaws of Moreland
- Moreland Library Local History puzzle collection – learn more about Moreland’s local history through these online jigsaw puzzles
- Merri Creek Management Committee jigsaw collection – Get to know the plants and animals of the Merri Creek through these jigsaw puzzles