Community Creator - Artist in Residence Program
The program is designed to assist artists, businesses and community organisations to recover from COVID-19 restrictions through the creation of a matched artistic residency program. This partnership provides a short-term employment opportunity for artists and creative solution for businesses and community organisations.
Five local artists will be matched with five local businesses or community organisations to co-design and deliver a creative response to an existing challenge faced by each organisation through an artistic project or set of activities in early 2021.
- To create an opportunity for artists to collaborate with others in areas outside their usual arts practice
- To provide artists with the time and space to develop work and creatively explore new ideas
- To support local businesses facing challenges due to COVID-19
- To strengthen the capacity of local artists and businesses to develop and deliver quality projects for the wider community
- To support local artists and businesses in navigating new models of partnership and engagement
- To creatively address a need in the community
- To build connection and engagement through community led arts and cultural activities
- To support and encourage more people to engage with arts and culture in Merri-bek
General enquiries can be sent to: email@example.com
Applications are now closed.