Racism. It stops with me campaign

Reducing Racism

The Victorian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission wants to make it easier to report racism and exercise your rights. By completing the form below you can make a short, confidential report to the Commission. 

What can you do?

Many people want to stand against racism but aren’t sure how.  Watch VicHealth’s video on how everyone can play a role in preventing racism.

How to complain about discrimination in Victoria?

You can make a complaint to the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission. You can complain about

  • discrimination
  • sexual harassment
  • victimisation
  • racial and religious vilification.

Email: complaints@veohrc.vic.gov.au or submit your complaint online.

Enquiry Line

The Enquiry Line is open 9am–12.30pm and 1.30pm–4.30pm Monday to Friday

Phone: 1300 292 153 or (03) 9032 3583

TTY: 1300 289 621

Email: enquiries@veohrc.vic.gov.au

Victoria Police

If you want to report a crime or incident, contact Victoria Police. Crimes that motivate hate include:

  • physical assault
  • property damage
  • harassment
  • verbal or written abuse
  • threats
  • offensive graffiti

In case of an emergency, phone 000.

If you're a victim, please contact your local police station.

To find your nearest police station visit the Victoria Police website.

If you have information about a crime you can call Crime Stoppers confidentially on 1800 333 000 or online at Crime Stoppers website.

Victims Support Agency

The Victims Support Agency (VSA), within the Department of Justice and Community Safety, is the official Victorian Government Agency helping people in Victoria manage the effects of violent crime.

Call the Victims of Crime Helpline on 1800 819 817

Victoria Legal Aid

Get help with discrimination, harassment and bullying. Call for free information about the law and how we can help you with your legal problem. 

Call 1300 792 387

If Victoria Legal Aid cannot help, they can refer you to other organisations that can.

Removing discriminatory graffiti

To report and remove discriminatory graffiti, visit Council's graffiti page.

Australian Communication and Media Authority (ACMA)

To make a complaint about something you have seen on television, heard on the radio, or have seen online - contact ACMA. You can submit your complaint to in 1 of 3 ways:

  • complete the online complaint form
  • email broadcasting@acma.gov.au
  • write to PO Box Q500, Queen Victoria Building, NSW 1230