Merri-bek Multicultural and Settlement Services Network
Council is committed to working with local settlement services to identify and address key migrant settlement issues.
The Merri-bek Multicultural and Settlement Services Network is convened by the Diversity Officer in order to:
- build relationships between settlement service providers
- provide opportunity for service coordination in the multicultural sector
- discuss settlement issues and settlement planning updates, and
- share settlement news, data, and new developments.
The membership is open to all multicultural service providers that service the City of Merri-bek. Invitations are extended (but not limited) to representatives from the following organisations:
- Action on Disability in Ethnic Communities (ADEC)
- Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) - Melbourne Polytechnic
- AMES (Adult Migrant Resource Services)
- Anglicare Victoria
- Arabic Welfare
- Asylum Seekers Welcome Centre
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Human Services (Federal)
- Victorian Responsible Gamblers Foundation
- Melbourne Fire Brigade
- Melbourne Polytechnic (previously the Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE or NMIT)
- Merri Health
- Northern Community Legal Centre Inc.
- NorthWestern Mental Health
- Spectrum Migrant Resource Centre (MRC)
- VICSEG New Futures
- Victoria Police
- Wesley Mission Victoria
Meetings are held bi-monthly.
For urgent assistance contact:
- Asylum Seekers Resource Centre phone 9326 6066, or
- Asylum Seekers Welcome Centre phone 9388 2459
- VincentCare Northern Community Hub, phone 9304 0100
The Council strategies and priorities to address emerging issues for Merri-bek's multicutural communities are outlined in the Moreland Human Rights Policy 2016 - 2026 (PDF 1Mb)
Victorian. And proud of it. is Victoria's new Multicultural Policy Statement. This new multicultural policy statement, sets out the Victorian Government’s way forward. It begins with the Victorian Values Statement – the foundational values on which our success has been built: equality, freedom and shared responsibility. It also details the policies, programs and services that will extend this work.