What is the Oxygen youth space?
If you're looking for somewhere that you can be yourself, hang out with others, and try some new activities then it sounds like you would have fun at the Oxygen youth space.
The Oxygen youth space is located at 4/8 Gaffney St, Coburg VIC 3058 (next to the Coburg Lake), and is a fun, safe, inclusive and free space designed to be used by young people aged from 12 to 24.
- About the space
You can find Oxygen youth space next to the Coburg lake at 4/8 Gaffney St, Coburg VIC 3058. If you are using public transport we are less than 100m from tram stop 37 at Gaffney Street/Sydney Road, and 300m from Batman train station on the Upfield Line.
Our space is set up to be accessible for everyone, and we are happy to answer any questions or provide further information on the space. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 9389 8645.
- Has anything changed because of COVID-19?
With the current COVID-19 crisis we will be monitoring and supervising the safe and careful use of all our equipment at the youth space to prevent any risk of contamination.
Keeping our community safe continues to be our priority, so everyone will be required to sanitise their hands and register their name and contact details when they arrive. This will be used for contact tracing if needed. Wearing a face mask is optional inside our youth space at this time.
When is the youth space open?
Our Drop-in sessions are the main activity that take place at Oxygen youth space. They are a free service and are held on:
- Mondays to Fridays from 3pm to 5pm (this session is for young people between 12 and 18 years old)
- Fridays from 12:30pm to 2:30pm (this session is for young people between 19 and 24 years old)
We also run a number of different programs in this space which you can find out more about on our programs page.
- A bit about Drop-in
Drop-in is a free service where you can hang out in a safe and inclusive environment.
We have a range of equipment that you can use during Drop-in such as:
a pool table
an arcade machine
our computer lab
a PlayStation and Xbox
a comfortable meeting space
a quiet study space
an internal courtyard
a multipurpose space with a basketball hoop
Want to find out more?
If you want to know a bit more about Oxygen youth space or what goes on at Drop-in before you come by to check it out, we're always here to talk. You can also ask us questions about our programs and events, or just have a chat with us to pass the time.
There are a few ways you can contact us, such as:
- Email: You can email us at email@example.com or reach out to our Youth Services Admin Officer Steve Huf at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: You can give us a call on 9389 8640
- Talk to us online: You can also message us through the Moreland Youth Facebook page or talk to us through our Instagram account @morelandyouth - and while you're there why not give us a like or a follow so you can keep up with everything we've got going on.
We acknowledge and respect the customs and traditions of Indigenous Australians and their special relationship with the land. We respectfully acknowledge that these programs take place on the land of the traditional owners of the Kulin Nation.