Resources and tips for applying for jobs
If you have found yourself unemployed and looking for work based on various factors or perhaps the impacts of COVID 19, we’ve put together some handy information and tips to assist you in your job search.
- Preparing to apply: Resume, cover letter and application (PDF 106Kb)
- How to navigate job interviews (PDF 79Kb)
Working for Victoria
310 six-month positions working directly for Merri-bek City Council have been created through the State Government's Working For Victoria program.
How to apply
- Set up your Sidekicker profile through their website or on their app
- Select up to 3 types of work you're interested in
- State your availability
- Add your preferred locality
Jobs that match your profile will be sent to you through SideKicker as new jobs are loaded. You can then choose to ‘pass’ or ‘apply’.
Support to register for Working for Victoria jobs
Moreland libraries can offer phone-based assistance to residents wishing to apply to the Working for Victoria application portal ‘Sidekicker’ . Residents will need to have an internet connected device (such as smartphone, tablet or computer) and basic digital literacy. Library staff can:
- Assist in creating an email account
- Explain how to create and account and log-on to the Working for Victoria application portal ‘Sidekicker’
- Explain how to fill-in an online form (what compulsory fields mean)
- Advise where to find information and advice on looking for work and job application skills (eg. interview skills)
Library staff cannot:
- Fill in the form
- Proof-read an application
- Give career advice
Booking to get help:
Moreland residents can ring 9353 4000 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) to book a time for a library staff member to call them back.