The acting Premier announced easing of restrictions to take affect from 6pm on Friday 26 March, including:
- masks will no longer be required in retail settings, but we must will still carry one at all times and wear it on public transport, in rideshare vehicles and taxis and in sensitive settings such as aged care facilities and hospitals.
- While all workplaces must follow a density limit of 1 person per 2sqm they will no longer be required to permit workers to work from home.
- There will no longer be limits on class sizes for outdoor and indoor physical recreation or fitness classes – and unstaffed gyms will be moving from a density limit of 1 person to 8sqm to 1 person per 4sqm
- The cap on private and public offices workers will also be removed, but must follow a density limit of 1 person per 2sqm
- Density limits in venues still operating under more restrictive settings – like casinos, karaoke venues and nightclubs – will move from 1 person per 4sqm to 1 person per 2sqm. This is in line with cafes, pubs and restaurants.
- indoor non-seated entertainment venues and dancefloors capacity will increase from 50 per cent to 75 per cent however, the limit of 1000 people per space remains.
Learn more about these latest restrictions.