Moreland Arts Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Moreland Arts Advisory Committee is to:
- Develop and advise Council on policy and annual priorities relating to the arts
- Act as a body for marketing; fostering understanding and appreciation of the positive role that the arts have in supporting the development of cultural opportunities
- Encourage community involvement and networks and promote participation in the arts
- Provide a structure through which the views and interests of the Moreland community can be articulated for the attention of Council and its staff
- Contribute to any future review of Council's involvement in facilitating the arts in Moreland that may occur
The Moreland Arts Advisory Committee has an overarching role to advance arts and culture in Moreland. It is the principal consultative body advising Council in furthering the cultural vitality of the city.
- Cr Riley
- Cr Pulford
- Nine community representatives.
- A representative from the organisation contracted to manage the Brunswick Mechanics Institute - Next Wave
This committee meets every three months from 6 - 7.30 pm or as required.