Merri-bek Arts Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Merri-bek Arts Advisory Committee is to:
- Develop and advise Council on policy and annual priorities relating to the arts
- Act as a body for marketing; fostering understanding and appreciation of the positive role that the arts have in supporting the development of cultural opportunities
- Encourage community involvement and networks and promote participation in the arts
- Provide a structure through which the views and interests of the Merri-bek community can be articulated for the attention of Council and its staff
- Contribute to any future review of Council's involvement in facilitating the arts in Merri-bek that may occur
The Merri-bek Arts Advisory Committee has an overarching role to advance arts and culture in Merri-bek. It is the principal consultative body advising Council in furthering the cultural vitality of the city.
- Cr Riley
- Cr Pulford
- Nine community representatives.
- A representative from the organisation contracted to manage the Brunswick Mechanics Institute - Next Wave
This committee meets every three months from 6 - 7.30 pm or as required.