Disability Working Group
The Disability Working Group aims to:
- give advice to Council on issues relating to disability, access, communication, participation and advocacy
- identify issues affecting people with a disability and to advocate and promote an awareness and understanding of these within Council and the community, and
- oversee and help to develop, monitor and implement the Merri-bek Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20.
The Disability Working Group gives Council with a forum to discuss and address issues about disability and to guide the implementation and monitoring of the Moreland Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20.
Download the Moreland Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20 (PDF 4Mb) or Easy English version (DOC 16Mb).
- Cr Bolton
- Up to 10 community representatives with lived experience in disability
- Moreland City Council Disability Planner
Meetings held 6 times a year, usually Wednesdays, 12.00pm - 2.00pm. The venue is usually at Merri-bek Civic Centre Coburg, unless otherwise arranged.
If you would like to join the Merri-bek Disability Working Group, please refer to the Terms of Reference below and contact Council's Disability Planner - email@example.com, or call 9240 1111.
Terms of reference
Terms of Reference for the Merri-bek Disability Advisory Committee (DOC 62Kb)