The Avenue, Coburg – Road Reconstruction Works
In 2019 – 20 Council reconstructed The Avenue, Coburg from Nicholson Street down to the Eastern end.
Consultation with the residents was undertaken in May 2019 and the design was completed in July 2019.
The works comprised:
- Construction of new underground drainage system and pits
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel
- Reconstructing the existing road pavement
- Laying of new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between new kerb and footpath edge
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Total length 235m
Budget and Timelines
- Budget $585,000
- Construction Start Date: January 2020
- Construction End Date: May 2020