Jacobs Reserve, Brunswick West - Play space upgrade
A draft concept plan was prepared for community consultation featuring a range of fresh new play equipment.
Following close of this initial consultation it was decided to prepare a revised concept plan based on the feedback received.
- Jacobs Reserve Playspace and Park Upgrade Draft Concept Plan (PDF 4Mb)
- Jacobs Reserve Garden Bed Draft Planting Design (PDF 1Mb)
In November 2018 residents were invited to view the draft concept plan for the playspace and the draft planting design, and contribute feeback to the final plan for the playground upgrade and the new garden bed planting in Jacobs Reserve.
Feedback closed on Friday 30 November 2018, with over 20 responses received. View the Jacobs Reserve Playspace Feedback Report 11 December 2018 (PDF 371Kb).
As part of this consultation, Council received a petition bearing 108 signatures with objections to certain aspects of the proposals. Issues were raised around the type of play equipment and manufactured materials suggested for use, as well the colour scheme.
Based on the feedback received to date, Council officers have prepared a revised version of the draft concept plan to incorporate what residents had to say. The Jacobs Reserve Playground Upgrade Revised Concept Plan for Community Consultation (PDF 2Mb) is avaliable for viewing from this web page.
Revised concept plan
Council’s Open Space Design and Development Unit have prepared a revised concept plan that shows alternative design and play equipment options. Some of the key features of the revised plan are:
- Nature based play elements featuring sand play, rocks and logs
- Design of playspace to complement existing park environment, featuring timber materials
- Play elements with varying levels of risk and
- challenge, for each child to gain confidence at his or her own pace
- Flying fox, climbing net and other active play pieces, along with retention and refurbishment of swing set
- Extra seating including timber platform bench
- New drink fountain, relocated near the playspace
- Planting of deciduous trees for extra shade
The Jacobs Reserve Playground Upgrade Revised Concept Plan for Community Consultation (PDF 2Mb)is now available for discussion as part of community consultation from 31 January 2019.
This second round of community consultation includes drop-in sessions at Jacobs Reserve where community members can look at the plans and discuss with Council officers from the Open Space Design and Development Unit.
The playspace and park upgrade works were compelted in June 2019.
Contact Merri-bek City Council on 9240 1111 or email Council Open Space.
There are some documents that are only available as PDFs on this page. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, you can contact us through our Contact page and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. You can also go to our Accessibility page to find out further details.