Merlynston Linear Park - Development (Stage 4)
The Merlynston Creek Park Draft Development Plan (PDF 880Kb) is a long term plan to improve this open space over several years. It was developed with the input of the Merlynston Sustainability Group and Melbourne Water, and was endorsed by Council in March 2015.
The aim of the plan is to improve the liveability of the Merlynston area by providing a well designed space close to home for people to exercise, walk their dogs, socialise, relax, play, connect with others and nature.
The key components of the plan are:
- Improved pedestrian and bike links through the area
- Tree planting and landscaping
- A play space to complement the parkour structure (the yellow balls) on the corner of Lily/Guilfoyle Streets, including shelter and natural play
- Small play and potentially exercise sites in various locations along the network of parks
- Water sensitive urban design solutions, such as rain gardens, where appropriate
- Investigation of an off-leash dog section in the park (the whole area is currently designated an on-leash dog site), and
- Traffic calming measures on the roads linking the parks.
The Merlynston Creek Park Draft Development Plan is being implemented in stages:
- Stage 1 of the Merlynston Linear Park Development was implemented between 2014 and 2016, to include a new play space and basketball half court at Sanger Reserve, corner of Lily Street and Guilfoyle Avenue.
- Stage 2 of the Merlynston Linear Park Development saw some general upgrades which were completed in 2017.
- Stage 3 of the Merlynston Linear Park Development was completed in 2018 and focused on improvements to the land between Tonkin Avenue and Rollo Street with many locals enjoying the playful elements created within this space.
- Stage 4, which will see improvements north of Tonkin Avenue, is being designed and contructed in the 2018-19 financial year with the input of local community members, Melbourne Water representatives and students from the nearby Pascoe Vale North Primary School.
Stage 4 timelines
Council allocated funding in the 2018-19 financial year for improvements to the Merlynston Creek Linear Park north of Tonkin Avenue.
Have your say
The Merlynston Creek Linear Park Stage 4 Design (PDF 3Mb) is now open for public consultation.
The proposed design has been informed by previous consultation with local community members, Melbourne Water representatives and students from the nearby Pascoe Vale North Primary School and of course with reference to the available budget.
Email Council Open Space your feedback and comments on the proposed design.
Post your feedback to Merri-bek City Council, Locked Bag 10, Merri-bek 3058, attention Open Space Design.
Feedback closes at 5 pm on Friday 1 March 2019.
Contact Merri-bek City Council on 9240 1111 or email Council Open Space.
There are some documents that are only available as PDFs on this page. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, you can contact us through our Contact page and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. You can also go to our Accessibility page to find out further details.