The Grove, Coburg - Road reconstruction works
Council has reconstructed The Grove, Coburg between Sydney Road and Barrow Street.
The works comprised:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel. The levels will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Reconstruction of the road pavement and laying a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Installation of rain gardens (landscaped garden beds that filter stormwater runoff from the roadway) to improve stormwater quality.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total Length: 540 metres.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $890,000
- Construction start date: September 2017
- Construction end date: March 2018