Kelvin Thomson Park, Pascoe Vale South - Park upgrade
Funding was allocated in the 2017-18 Council budget to implement the Kelvin Thomson Park play space upgrade.
Proposed works carried out to the Kelvin Thomson Park play space are shown in the Kelvin Thomson Park Draft Concept Plan (PDF 450Kb).
- Replacement of the existing play space with an exciting new play space set among existing trees
- Nature play elements with logs and boulders
- Installation of a double trapeze 'flying fox'
- Installation of basketball half court in new location
- New garden beds and tree planting for shade and food production
All elements shown on the concept plan were subject to feedback from the community and final budget.
Community feedback on the draft concept plan closed on 3 November 2017.
The feedback from the community was generally positive and construction planned to proceed in accordance with the draft concept plan.
Detailed plans were finalised and issued for quotation by Merri-bek suppliers in December 2017, prior to appointment of a contractor who undertook the works.
Works commenced on site in March 2018, and were completed in May 2018 and launched in June 2018.
There are some documents that are only available as PDFs on this page. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, you can contact us through our Contact page and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. You can also go to our Accessibility page to find out further details.