Fraser Reserve, Brunswick West - Play space upgrade
The play space at Fraser Reserve in Hopetoun Avenue, Brunswick West, has been upgraded as part of the implementation of the Merri-bek Play Strategy.
A concept plan showing the proposed works was developed for review by local residents and the wider community.
The proposal included:
- refurbishment of the existing play equipment
- a new basket swing
- improved safety with panel fencing along the street frontage adjacent to the play space
- a new nature play area including rocks and logs for stepping, clambering and balancing
- a new drink fountain
- refurbishment of existing furniture
- an additional picnic table
- garden beds rejuvenation and
- additional trees to increase shade and habitat value.
The final scope was subject to feedback and budget.
- 9 March 2018: Project scope and concept design completed
- 16 March to 3 April 2018: Community consultation and feedback
- 10 April 2018: Final design
- 16 April to 11 June 2018: Procurement and construction
- June 2018: Works complete
Consultation on the Draft Fraser Reserve Play Space Refurbishment Concept Plan (PDF 526Kb) closed on 3 April 2018. Feedback was considered in developing the final design.
Following this consultation, works began in April 2018 and were completed in June 2018.
Contact Council Open Space Design on 8311 4300 or email Open Space if you have a query or require further information.
There are some documents that are only available as PDFs on this page. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, you can contact us through our Contact page and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. You can also go to our Accessibility page to find out further details.