Bryant Family Reserve, Oak Park - Park upgrade
Council upgraded the park and play space at Bryant Family Reserve, situated at the end Vincent Street, Oak Park, during the financial year 2017-18.
The play space upgrade achieved a range of park improvements, including:
- the partial refurbishment of existing play equipment and addition of a new senior swing.
- creation of a new nature play area with water play as well as rocks and logs for sitting and balancing on - the nature play area utilises the site slopes and existing trees to create a range of new play experiences.
- increase in size of the existing basketball half court and installing a new tower with back board, as well as reconstructing the hit-up wall.
- new furniture and additional garden beds and trees will be planted to increase shade and habitat value, and
- an improved path network for better access and circulation around the play space and adjoining area is also included.
Feedback on the Bryant Family Reserve Draft Concept Plan (PDF 548Kb), which shows the proposed upgrade, closed on Friday 3 November 2017.
The final scope of park and play space upgrading work was subject to feedback and budget.
The park and play space works began in February 2018. The playspace elements of the project were completed in June 2018, however there were unforeseen delays in the supply of new surfacing of the basketball court which delayed this part of the project.
With the start of warmer weather allowing the Plexipave surface to be applied and line marking to cure adequately before use, this portion of the project will be complete by November 2018.
Please contact Andrew Blight, Landscape Architect at Merri-bek City Council to provide comment or for more information on 8311 4391 or email Open Space.
There are some documents that are only available as PDFs on this page. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, you can contact us through our Contact page and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. You can also go to our Accessibility page to find out further details.