Michael Street, Brunswick - Shopping area improvements
The purpose of the project is to improve the pedestrian amenity, safety, and overall presentation of Michael Street between Sydney Road and Saxon Street.
Improvements delivered include:
- widening the footpath on the south side
- installing a threshold crossings along Sydney Road at Michael Street intersection
- installing bike parking
- constructing water senstive urban design elements including trees and rain gardens, and
- reconfiguring car parking on the south side.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: under $200,000
- Project completion date: May 2014
Major stages of the project
Design - complete
The documentation of the proposed design and the tender package is complete.
Tendering - complete
The project has been tendered.
Construction - complete
Construction of the project was completed in May 2014.
If you have an enquiry or would like further information about this project, please contact Council.