Hall Street, Brunswick - Road reconstruction works
Council completed the reconstruction of Hall Street, Brunswick between Hope Street and Newman Street.
Consultation with residents was undertaken during April 2015.
The works comprised:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system, drainage pits and Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) rain gardens.
- Relaying the existing bluestone kerb and channel so as to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Excavation of the existing road pavement and laying of a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings.
- Constructing a nature strip along the street by narrowing the existing full width asphalt footpath on both sides of the road.
- Total length: 190 metres.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $406,700
- Construction start date: October 2015
- Construction end date: March 2016
Hall Street before and during reconstruction
If you have an enquiry or would like further information about this project, please contact Council.