Licence or permit payment
Fees you can pay as a licence or permit payment
- Food business renewal fees (excluding temporary or mobile food premises fees and new food business fees)
- Health premise renewal fees including health business, accommodation establishment and caravan park (excluding new health related business fees)
- Local laws fees including footway permit and advertising signs
- Business parking permit renewals
- Pay a licence or permit fee online by Visa or MasterCard.
- You need the 'Application number' located on your invoice or renewal notice.
You can register as a user and sign in to Council Online Services to access My Accounts. As a registered user, you can keep track of requests and applications on any device and don't need to re-enter your personal information.
Other ways to pay
Pay by phone
Pay a licence or permit fee with a Visa or MasterCard over the phone 24 hours using Council's secure automated system.
- Phone 9240 1111 and press 1 to make a payment. Then press 7 to pay 'licencing tax invoices' and follow the voice prompts.
- You need to provide the ‘Application number' located on your invoice or renewal notice and your Visa or MasterCard details.
Pay by post
- Separate the payment slip at the bottom of your invoice or renewal notice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Merri-bek City Council, Locked Bag 10, Merri-bek 3058, before the due date.
- Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.
Council does not provide a receipt for payments received by mail. Keep the top section of the invoice or notice for your records.
Pay in person
- Bring your invoice or notice to a Council Customer Service Centre.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order, or cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility.