Environmental health fine payment
Council issues environmental health fines for breaches of state legislation.
- Pay an environmental health fine online with a Visa or MasterCard.
- You need the 'Infringement number' located on your notice.
You must pay the whole fine and not just a partial amount.
You cannot pay the fine if the fine has been referred to the courts for prosecution.
You can register as a user and sign in to Council Online Services to access My Accounts. As a registered user, you can keep track of requests and applications on any device and don't need to re-enter your personal information.
Other ways to pay
Pay by phone
Pay an environmental health fine with a Visa or MasterCard over the phone 24 hours using Council's secure automated system.
- Phone 9240 1111 and press 1 to make a payment. Then press 1 to pay 'fines and infringements' and follow the voice prompts.
- You will need to provide the 'Infringement number' located on your notice and your Visa or MasterCard number details.
Pay by post
- Separate the payment slip at the bottom of the notice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Merri-bek City Council, Locked Bag 10, Merri-bek 3058, before the due date.
- Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.
Council does not provide a receipt for payments received by mail. Keep the top section of the notice for your records.
Pay in person
- Bring your notice to a Council Customer Service Centre before the due date.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order and cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility.