Engineering transport fine payment

Council issues infringements to corporations or individuals for:

  • conducting works in, on, under or over a road without written consent, under the Road Management Act 2004, or
  • failing to notify Council that approved works within a road reserve, including reinstatement works, are complete.

Pay online

  1. Pay an engineering transport fine online by Visa or MasterCard.
  2. You need the 'Infringement number' located on your notice.

You must pay the whole fine and not just a partial amount.

You cannot pay the fine if the fine has been referred to the courts for prosecution.

You can register as a user and sign in to Council Online Services to access My Accounts. As a registered user, you can keep track of requests and applications on any device and don't need to re-enter your personal information.

Pay an engineering transport fine

Other ways to pay

Pay by post

  1. Separate the payment slip at the bottom of the notice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Merri-bek City Council, Locked Bag 10, Merri-bek 3058, before the due date.
  2. Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.

Council does not provide a receipt for payments received by mail. Keep the top section of the notice for your records.

Pay in person

  1. Bring your notice to a Council Customer Service Centre before the due date.
  2. You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order and cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility.