Christmas/New Year operating hours
Moreland Council offices and services will be operating at reduced capacity over the Christmas/New Year period. Here’s what you need to know:
Emergency on-call and essential services
Running as normal
Garbage, recycling and green waste collections will happen as usual with some adjustments:
- If your collection day falls on a Friday it will be moved to Saturday for 26 December and 2 January.
Council offices and customer service centres
- All council offices (including customer service centres, Libraries and Maternal Child Health Centres) will close at 12pm (midday) on Thursday 24 December.
- The customer service desks at the Merri-bek Civic Centre in Coburg and all Maternal and Child Health Centres will reopen on 29 December 2020 and be open during normal business hours (closed on public holidays).
- The Brunswick and Glenroy Customer Service Centres are currently closed and will reopen at 8:30am on Monday 18 January, 2021.
- While our offices are closed you can still access services on our website and in-person payments can be made at Australia Post service centres.
All libraries and book delivery services will have the following holiday hours:
- Thursday 24 December, 9am to 12pm (midday) - OPEN
- Thursday 24 December at 12pm (midday) to 28 December - CLOSED
- 29 December to 31 December - OPEN
- 1 January to 3 January 2021 - CLOSED
- Monday 4 January - OPEN
- Library return chutes will remain open