Real estate signage

When you need a real estate signage permit

Real estate agents operating in Merri-bek need a Real Estate Agent Signage permit to temporarily place any board or signage, including 'open for inspection' and 'auction this day' signs, on public land, such as a footpath, naturestrip or park. For more information, see the Council Real Estate Signage guidelines (DOC 42Kb).

What you need

With the application, you will need to provide a copy of current valid public liability insurance policy.


The Real Estate Signage Permit incurs a fee. These fees are reviewed yearly.

Fee for 2020-21

$675.30 per franchise

How to apply

Complete the Real Estate Signage Permit application form (DOC 42Kb).

Submit the completed application to Council:

What happens after you apply

When we approve your application you will receive an invoice. Once we receive your payment, a permit will be posted to you.