Council sends rates notices and instalment reminders to ratepayers by post. See rate payment due dates for payment dates.
You can also ask to have your rates notice sent electronically.
- Pay rates online by Visa or MasterCard. Payment can be made in full or in part.
- You need the 'Assessment number' on your rates notice.
You can register as a user and sign in to Council Online Services to access My Accounts. As a registered user, you can keep track of requests and applications on any device and don't need to re-enter your personal information.
BPAY on the internet
If you have internet banking set up, you can pay Council rates as a BPAY bill. Payments can be made from your savings, cheque or credit card account.
- Login to your internet banking and select the button to pay bills online.
- Enter the Merri-bek City Council Biller Code 35105, the Reference Number found beside the BPAY symbol on the front of your rates notice, and the payment amount.
You can nominate a savings or cheque account to have your rates and charges automatically deducted.
There are two direct debit options:
- Your four quarterly rates instalment payments are deducted from your nominated bank account on their due dates, or
- Spread your rates payments over 10 monthly deductions. Monthly payments are deducted from your nominated bank account on the 15th of each month. The 10 month period starts on 15 September and ends on 15 June each year.
- Post to Merri-bek City Council, Locked Bag 10, Merri-bek Vic 3058
- Fax to (03) 9240 1212, or
- Email Council Rates a scanned copy of the form.
Once a direct debit arrangement is set-up, it continues every year unless Council receives written notification from you to cancel the direct debit.
If there are arrears owing and you want to use direct debit, please contact the Revenue Services Unit on 9240 1111 for further information.
You can also use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment. Council’s Centrepay Reference Number is 555 061 978C. Visit Centrepay for more information.
Pay by phone
Council's phone payments
Pay rates with a Visa or MasterCard over the phone 24 hours using Council's secure automated system.
- Phone 9240 1111 and press 1 to make a payment. Then press 2 to pay 'rates' and follow the voice prompts.
- You need the 'Assessment number' on your rates notice and your Visa or MasterCard details.
Pay by phone with BPay
If you have phone banking set up, you can pay Council rates as a BPay bill. Payments can be made from your savings, cheque or credit card account.
- Call your bank's phone banking number.
- Enter the Merri-bek Council Biller Code 35105, your Customer Reference Number found beside the BPay symbol on the front of your rates notice, and the amount of your payment.
Pay by post
- Separate the payment slip at the bottom of your rates notice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Merri-bek City Council, Locked Bag 10, Merri-bek 3058, before the due date.
- Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.
Council does not provide a receipt for payments received by mail. Keep the top section of the notice for your records.
Pay in person
Council Customer Service Centre
- Bring your rates notice to a Council Customer Service Centre.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order, or cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility.
Note: Council does not accept cash payments greater than $3,000 per statement.
- Bring your rates notice to a post office.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order or cash.
There are some documents that are only available as PDFs on this page. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, you can contact us through our Contact page and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. You can also go to our Accessibility page to find out further details.