Change of ownership, address or name

Why Council needs up-to-date details

It is very important that you let Council know if you make any change to your name, address or property ownership as soon as possible.

This helps us ensure that rates notices, pet registration renewals and other notices are delivered correctly.

When ownership of a property changes, the liability for payment of rates remains with the owner until Council receives a notice of acquisition.

PLANNING OBJECTIONS: To change your contact details relating to a submission for a planning application, you must also advise Council’s City Development team at quoting the planning application reference number and your change of contact/address details in.

How to update your details with Council

Complete a form to update your details:

Forward the form with any required documentation to Council. You can:

If you need to change details associated with your pets registration, see change pet registration details


Moreland City Council is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic).

The personal information requested on these forms are being collected by Merri-bek City Council for property, rating and voting purposes and may also be used to update your personal information otherwise held by Council (for example, contact details including email address, phone number).

The personal information will be disclosed to authorised agencies for statutory and legislative requirements and may also be used by Council for related purposes.

It will not be disclosed to any other external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law. If the personal information is not provided you may risk not receiving Council or other authority correspondence and/or important information. 

You can gain access to your personal information you have provided to Merri-bek City Council and if you wish to alter it,  please contact Council’s Privacy Officer via telephone on 9240 1111 or e-mail at